Monday, August 27, 2012

Review on La Casita Gastown by Vickie M

I eat here regularly - I work just across the street - and I'm impressed just about every time. I mostly have the Super Tortilla Soup because it's the best I have ever had, anywhere. I don't know where they source their chicken, but it tastes like what I had as a child on the farm. The soup is satisfying without being overly filling. The tastes are deliciously complementary - a bit of cheese, some smoky roasted pepper, perfectly ripe avocado (every time!), and a dollop of sour cream. For $7.50 it's a great affordable lunch. I also venture into the daily specials, most recently fish taco and potato flauta with small slaw-type salad. The fish taco was perfection - by paying attention to textures and fresh ingredients they scored a 10 on that one. The flauta was also done perfectly - crisp on the outside, warm light potato and onion filling. This place is nothing like your typical chain or Tex/Mex rip-off. Also, don't mistake it for teh taco place just down the street - totally different experience!

Source: tripadvisor

fast lunch and lunch specials at La Casita Gastown

No comments:

Post a Comment